Sports Premium Funding
A high quality PE curriculum is of huge benefit to children’s health and well-being. It lays the foundations for children to be physically and mentally healthy for the rest of their lives.
At Great Bardfield Primary School, we believe that being physically active enables our children to:
- improve confidence and self-esteem
- enhance well-being by releasing tension and anxiety
- improve communication skills
- understand the concept of working as part of a team
- improve their listening skills
- experience the feelings associated with winning and losing in a safe environment
- develop their gross and fine motor skills
- gain opportunities to develop leaderships skills
The Department for Education (DfE) has confirmed today that the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding will continue at £320 million for the 2023/24 academic year. The Premium is designed to help children get an active start in life, supporting primary schools to improve the quality of their PE and sport provision so that pupils experience the benefits of regular exercise – from becoming healthier both mentally and physically to improved behaviour and better academic achievement. The funding is a ring-fenced grant for English primary schools to provide additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE, sport and physical activity.
Take a look at how we intend to spend out Sports Premium Grant this year: