British Values-the core of our school community
British Values and Community Cohesion
At Great Bardfield, we are committed to the development of community cohesion and he prevention of extremism and radicalisation both within our school’s physical boundaries and within our local, national and global environments.
We are also committed to respond to community concerns or local disturbances in a positive way which supports British democratic society.
We believe that sharing our values with parents, carers and our community is
essential in supporting the children through their journey in school and life. We acknowledge and understand the importance of the role that our community has to play and appreciate the need to inform them of the values work that we do.
We will ensure that:
- We share our values work through assemblies, newsletters, website and all communications to parents and our local community.
- Share resources, as appropriate, with parents and children, so that values
work can be followed up at home.
- Parents can have access to information regarding the curriculum via the school website so they can fully understand the principles behind our curriculum and values education.
- Parents, carers and our community can celebrate the values work we have done through assemblies, newsletters and the school website.
- Celebrate and embrace the diversity of our community.
Our values work promotes introducing values and developing children’s understanding . The values promoted underpin all the developments and policies at Great Bardfield Primary School.